WHAT THE COURSES COVER
THIS IS A GENERAL GUIDE, ALTHOUGH COURSES CAN BE VARIED OR AMENDED DEPENDING ON THE GROUP REQUIREMENTS.
1 DAY COURSE -
* An Introduction to Travel Writing
* A look at the various markets for your writing.
* Styles of writing, and types of content
* Practical excercises
* Structuring your content.
* Finding markets you may not have thought of.
* How to pitch your articles to Editors
* Press trips and complimentary visits.
* What not to do.
* Questions and Answers session
* A brief look at photography and video for travel.
* Selling yourself
* A chance to get your first article published.
2 DAY COURSE -
This will include all of the items on the 1 Day Course, most in greater detail, plus…
* How to use social media.
* Ways to find new and unusual markets
* Getting the most from every trip.
* A full session on travel photography.
* Understanding the travel trade
* Dealing with tourist boards and PR companies
3 DAY COURSE -
This will include all of the items on the 1 and 2 Day Courses, most in greater detail, plus…
* Full session on travel video
* Full practical test, visiting the local area as a mini press trip.
* Networking and trade shows
* Interviewing techniques
* Travel trends -
Courses are mostly based in our beses in Kent, but can be arranged elsewhere for groups or organisations. Just get in touch for more details.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Full payment at the time of booking is required to secure a place on any course.
2. A Cancellation Fee of 50% will be charged if your booking is cancelled 7 or more days before the course begins, and 75% if cancelled less than 7 days before.
3. Courses will run subject to a minimum of four participants. In the unlikely event a course has to be cancelled by us, a full refund will be given.
4. Morning and afternoon light refreshments will be provided. Lunch and other food and drink are not included.
5. All participants must be over 16 years of age at the time of the course. We can arrange for younger groups by special request.
6. We reserve the right to ask any disruptive or unruly participants to leave the course if they are causing a problem for the rest of the group. In this instance, fees paid will be forfeit.
7. Booking a place denotes understanding and acceptance of the regulations.