TRAVEL WRITING COURSES
With over thirty years of experience, hundreds of travel features published, and over 60 countries visited, Trevor Claringbold is highly qualified to lead Kudosmedia’s travel writing courses. The award-
The 1, 2 and 3 day courses give varying options and levels of coverage. The most comprehensive also includes sections on multi-
Each course will be a comprehensive, and fairly intensive learning experience, ensuring you get the maximum benefit from your time, and best value for your fee.
It will cover all aspects of writing, including feature writing, travel blogging, writing for the web, news items, copywriting, styles, outlets, and hints on getting published. There are also sessions that include tips on travel video and photography, using social media, and what to avoid.
There will also be handy hints on fitting into the travel journalist’s world, with notes on how to be part of, and get the best from press trips, travel exhibitions, and lots more.
On all courses you’ll be given a chance to get your first piece published, if you haven’t already. That first byline can be extremely difficult on the open market, and when you begin to contact editors, a common question is ‘Have you been published before?’ Being able to say yes is a major bonus!
WHAT THE COURSES COVER
THIS IS A GENERAL GUIDE, ALTHOUGH COURSES CAN BE VARIED OR AMENDED DEPENDING ON THE GROUP REQUIREMENTS.
1 DAY COURSE -
* An Introduction to Travel Writing
* A look at the various markets for your writing.
* Styles of writing, and types of content
* Practical excercises
* Structuring your content.
* Finding markets you may not have thought of.
* How to pitch your articles to Editors
* Press trips and complimentary visits.
* What not to do.
* Questions and Answers session
* A brief look at photography and video for travel.
* Selling yourself
* A chance to get your first article published.
2 DAY COURSE -
This will include all of the items on the 1 Day Course, most in greater detail, plus…
* How to use social media.
* Ways to find new and unusual markets
* Getting the most from every trip.
* A full session on travel photography.
* Understanding the travel trade
* Dealing with tourist boards and PR companies
3 DAY COURSE -
This will include all of the items on the 1 and 2 Day Courses, most in greater detail, plus…
* Full session on travel video
* Full practical test, visiting the local area as a mini press trip.
* Networking and trade shows
* Interviewing techniques
* Travel trends -
Courses are mostly based in our beses in Kent, but can be arranged elsewhere for groups or organisations. Just get in touch for more details.